"New" 71 Gallon Modular Rainwater Tank Fence
The New Contain Aboveground (previously called Super Slim) measures only 6" thick and goes virtually unnoticed along narrow pathways or fences. Collect rainwater for use in your gardens, irrigation or washing your vehicle. The New Contain Aboveground has the ability to perform as a free standing fence, water shed and can be mounted on all angles. A variety of alternative applications prove to be great under decks, custom benches and area segregations.
The New Contain Rainwater Harvesting Wall is designed with functionality in mind. We have eliminated the rail system from our original tank making the installation 98 percent simpler and giving the tank much less of an industrial look. The new tank comes with almost all of the components built in making it a breeze for installation purposes
The Contain Aboveground has been designed to withstand the hot summer sun and has a UV stabilizer added -UV8, the maximum UV protection for polyethylene.
In your search for the perfect rainwater harvesting tank please ask yourself a few questions before you make your decision. Are you comparing tank only prices, or have you looked at the cost of transportation and installation as well? When comparing larger tanks to the Contain Aboveground, it is important to take into account the total cost of ownership with both solutions.
The Contain Aboveground is designed to be inherently "greener" than its competition: it is easier to handle, transport and install, it is reusable, and it is 100% recyclable. This added durability and usability costs more upfront, but once you add delivery and especially installation, as well as maintenance to the larger tanks the cost difference suddenly changes.
The Contain Aboveground is an architecturally designed unit that has been made of the highest quality plastics. It is visually discreet, structurally robust and can be installed on any of its sides. If you are looking for a long lasting quality product which adds value to your home, and requires virtually no on-going maintenance, there is no comparison between the Contain Aboveground and alternative options. Collect rainwater for use in your gardens, irrigation or washing your vehicle.
Each new tank holds 71 U.S Gallons of rainwater and can be easily expanded to any size required. The Contain Aboveground is available in Black (for geothermal heating, Sand Stone Grey, & Home Warming Beige to easily blend into its surroundings. Affordable and easy to install. This system is perfect for the environmentally conscious, green homeowner.
If your project is a LEED project you should be excited to hear that having these tanks on the side
of your house adds 9 LEED points to a green home.
CONTAIN ABOVEGROUND SPECIFICATIONS / KEY COMPONENTS
Our system features for the New Contain Aboveground are:
- Water Tight Warranty – Lifetime guarantee
- Adjustable Capacity – You can add on to the capacity of your tank at anytime within minutes
- Slim Design – This tank is currently the slimmest tank in the market at 6 inches thick
- Cosmetic Appeal – This tank interlocks together with each other (when installed vertically) allowing for use in narrow walkways, against the house, under the house, under the deck, and anywhere you want to locate it. We have options available for complete fencing systems and shed systems. This tank can also be used as a fence line or to partition parts of your patio space.
- Styling - New rock design with shelves on side "A", and generic face on side "B".
- Dimensions – 72" Tall X 32" Wide X 6” Thick
- Weight – 45lbs Dry / 643lbs Wet
- FDA Approved - The New Contain Rainwater Harvesting Wall meets all USA requirements for potable water storage.
- Carbon Footprint - These tanks are manufactured with the environment in mind and we have choosen a manufacturing method that allowed us to leave the smallest possible carbon footprint behind creating these tanks.
- Water Access - Tanks have a built-in standard ¾" female pipe threads to accept any standard garden hose (with use of a double-male nipple) or water spigot/tap of your choice (available at any plumbing supply house, Home Depot, or Lowes near you.
- Multi Position Installation - Tanks can be installed vertically or flat under decks & porches. For sideways installation (turned 90 degrees with long side up/down, we have 2 options available for connecting multible tanks. 1) With a custom fitting we have
that penetrates the side of the tank and allows an adaptation
hose to connect multible tanks (more than 2 tanks). 2) Custom rubber couplers with a 90
degree bend opposed to the traditional straight 3’’ x 3’’
coupler to connect (2) horizontal tanks together. Either option adds $25.00 to the cost of each tank. (To order, see options above).
- Made In The USA (but shipped anywhere!)
- Tanks are LTL Freight shipped for approximately $99.00 - $170.00 per tank depending upon your location. Shipping to a business location with a loading dock or tow-motor is less expensive than a residential address. Our system will post a default price of $99.00 and authorize your card. Once we receive the order, we will get a firm shipping price and then contact you to give you this amount. If you accept, we will modify the order and then process your card. If you decline, we will cancel the order and release the authorization with the credit card company at no cost to you.
- For deliveries outside USA - Please call us @ 203-287-0636 or E-mail tjb@TJB-INC.com for shipping quotes.
TAP ASSEMBLY (not included):
Not every tank requires a tap assembly - only 1 of the modules requires a tap assembly or ¾" Standard Garden Hose. As you continue to add on module to module, you only required to install 1 outlet. (These are avaliable at any plumbing supply house, Home Depot or Lowes near you.)
Connector Modules are made of 100% food grade rubber and as you add on to each tank for additional capacity you are assured you have the highest quality products in mind at all times - don't settle for second best! They are 3" x 3" FELCO fittings with Stainless Steel Hose Clamps. They are available at any big box store or local plumbing supply.
Photo Showing Both Sides
QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS:
What is a "Contain Aboveground"?
The Contain Aboveground is a storage module which can be linked
horizontally or vertically for collecting rainwater. Creative applications have shown a freestanding water fence, water shed and being hidden under custom bench and deck designs.
What is the water from the Contain Aboveground used for?
Contain Aboveground is made of food grade plastic resign and the water Contain Aboveground can be used for irrigation i.e. with your existing drip system for watering plants, for hosing the car or even as an emergency backup water supply. Contain Aboveground can also be plumbed back into the house for toilet flush and washing machines.
Why is it so small?
The Contain Aboveground is a modular solution that has been designed to fit in areas that larger tanks, cisterns and rain barrels will not fit. The compact shape makes each Contain Aboveground easy to carry and fit into tight spaces, and the modular design means that you can link Contain Aboveground modules together to get any volume you require.
What is modular?
Each Contain Aboveground joins to the next – so you can start with a few units for irrigation purposes then extend the number of modules to allow toilet flush, as anexample, from the Contain Aboveground as well. Contain Aboveground’s are designed to connect together – and connect apart for reuse. This means you can change your rain storage capacity as your needs change. We have clients who have installed single units right up to others who have over 80 Contain Aboveground’s installed.
Can I install the Contain Aboveground in regions where it snows?
Yes, The Contain Aboveground is made of high density polyethylene that can
withstand temperature extremes of between -30°C/22°F to +60°C/140°F. At
the onset of winter, you need to empty your module and divert the downspout to prevent water entering the tank. In spring, make sure you open the tank again to catch your thaw!
Will the Contain Aboveground handle hot conditions?
The Contain Aboveground has been designed to withstand the hot summer sun and has a UV stabilizer added – UV8, the maximum UV protection for polyethylene.
Does it have to be installed vertically?
No, The Contain Aboveground can be installed vertically or horizontally, such as under a deck or beneath the floor boards. The Contain Aboveground can be installed underground or above ground, and inside a building or outside. Creative applications have shown a freestanding water fence, water shed and being hidden under custom bench and deck designs.
Why do larger capacity tanks seem to be less expensive than the Contain Aboveground?
Are you comparing tank only prices, or have you looked at the cost of
transportation and installation as well? When comparing larger tanks to the
Contain Aboveground, it is important to take into account the total cost of
ownership with both solutions. The Contain Aboveground is designed to be inherently “greener” than its competition: it is easier to handle, transport and install, it is reusable, and it is 100% recyclable. This added durability and usability costs more upfront, but once you add delivery and especially installation, as well as maintenance to the larger tanks the cost difference suddenly changes.
Why buy a Contain Aboveground when I can buy low cost rain barrels of the same size?
The Contain Aboveground is an architecturally designed unit that has been made of the highest quality plastics. It is visually discreet, structurally robust and can be installed on any of its sides. If you are looking for a long lasting quality product which adds value to your home, and requires virtually no on-going maintenance, there is no comparison between the Contain Aboveground and a rain barrel.
Can the Contain Aboveground help with thermal mass?
Yes, recent tests have shown that polyethylene as you receive with the Contain Aboveground outperforms concrete when it comes to improving a building’s thermal mass capabilities by more than 10%.
Can these tanks be installed on top of a soft surface? Will a special base need to be installed to support the tanks?
We have had
experience installing these tanks on soft soil grounds and what we recommend is
a 2" X 6" treated board the length of your bank of tanks that the base of the tanks
will sit on. This will evenly distribute the weight throughout the bank of tanks
and allow you to have the least possible ground depression possible. A gravel
fill with layers is also another great way to go:
- Bottom layer existing soil,
- 2nd layer geo-textile,
- 3rd layer gravel rock,
- 4th layer textile,
- 5th layer dirt – another simple, cost
effective and quick solution.
There are currently no reviews of this
Submit a Review
Read Complete Questions & Answers
Ask a Question
2/17/2014 – Could it be used as a support wall and living in Utah the snow melts continually, would it be advisable to leave the tank . . .
1/12/2014 – If this is up against an outside wall, what prevents it from tipping over since it is only 6" wide? Does it have braces attached . . .
9/8/2012 – what are all the dimentions of the 6" rainwater fence(one unit)? Is the fennel included? how many side openings does the . . .
7/30/2012 – What coupon code could I use on this system?
7/24/2012 – I notice in promotional photos most of the walls units shown are identical modules, but there is one "end wall" unit with . . .
Read Complete Questions & Answers
Ask a Question